Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS POWER THAT SHOWS THROUGH YOUR EYES



When I was a little girl I had this place I used to go to in the woods. I used to imagine that it was my fairy wonderland, and I was its little girl queen. Like Ozma or something. My kingdom was beautiful, but surrounded by scary monsters and bleak landscape. It could be a scary place, because every now and then the monsters would invade. Threaten my rule. I tried to make friends with the monsters, but there was no reasoning with them. They were salivating, schizophrenic cretins. Their presence alone would send the good citizens of my country into a frightened frenzy. I used to sing to them, in a feeble effort to calm them down.
This is what I sang.







Subcutaneous Lovesick Blues
Animal Collective - Leaf House
El Perro Del Mar - Happiness Won Me Over
Cocorosie - Madonna
Lucky Dragons - Mirror Firends
Sufjan Stevens - Casmir Pulaski Day
Joanna Newsom - The Book of Right On
MF Doom - Accordian
Murder in the Red Barn - Filth and All
Pete and the Pirates - Moving
Modern Lovers - Hospital
Joanna Newsom - Peach, Plum, Pear
Lucky Dragons - Givers
El Perro Del Mar - To Give Love
Badly Drawn Boy - Bewilder
Burt Bacharach - Raindrops (Instrumental)

No comments: