Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I AM BLUE AND UNWELL


Sorrow and despair are bred by expectations. Those stupid enough to have no dreams or ambition live in bliss. Disappointment is a bi product of looking forward; so why bother even thinking about the future?

No crystal balls or tea leaves here. Just mostly modern music that helps me escape that dreaded hexagram 23. One of my fish died recently... she was the newest member of my tribe. She didn't float. She sank.

Sometimes, I think, I think too much in symbols.







Twisted Floater


http://www.divshare.com/download/5670129-541


Caribou - Melody Day (FourTet Remix)
A Sunny Day in Glasgow - The Best Summer Ever
Foals - The French Open
Pete and the Pirates - Bright Lights
The Castanets - You Are the Blood
Pixies - Caribou (Slowed)
The Rings - Scape Aside
Captain Beefheart - Sweet Sweet Bulbs
Lucky Dragons - I Keep Waiting for Earthquakes
Ghostface - The Sun (Slowed)
Talkdemonic - The Duality of Deathening
Stereolab - The Man With 100 Cells
Dark Captain Light Captain - Spontaneous Combustion
Final Fantasy - Peach, Plum, Pear



Notes:

A Sunny Day in Glasgow are in serious need of a recording engineer. Their album is dope, but sounds like shit. Why bury such good bass in all that Jesus and Mary Chain fuzz???

Lucky Dragons and Talkdemonic are topping my list lately. I firmly believe that big hip hop producers are going to be mining these little indielectronic acts once they tire of the Daft Punks breaks shit and Grime.

That 4Tet remix = bliss for the less than divided by three


Stereolab rule!

I discovered recently (looking for an exact lyric to title the post) that every indie schmo in the world thinks they can cover "Peach Plum Pear," so I included on of them.

I am unwell... but not unhappy!

No comments: