Friday, October 10, 2008

THE GOOD ACID IS ALWAYS IN THE BACK ROOM


Why am I still slippy? I'm still slippy because I am smart and underemployed. I'm still slippy because I've been known to turn a lost weekend into a vacant month. I'm still slippy because I have no car, but I have a next generation console hooked up to my big screen tv. I'm still slippy because most of my friends are email addresses. Most of all, I'm still slippy because I am nearly 38, and still know more about music than your above-average 22 year old.

This mix is a product of the 90s chill out room. That dark bad place smaller than the coat check area. That place where the stoned dj played whatever he wanted... and you listened because you were tripping face and there was one pretty girl laying on the couch. No whistles. No glow sticks. No hand in the air. Just hip-hop, dub and electronica... slowed up according to Screw's prescription.





Still Slippy (Slowed Up)
http://www.divshare.com/download/5717580-27d


St. Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart
Primal Scream - Loaded
Nocoast - UJusta
u-ziq - Hasty Boom Alert
Ranking Ann - Black Rock Posse
Sister Nancy - I'm a Geddeon
Fugees - Vocab
Erot - Song For Annie
Cocteau Twins - Beatriz
Tom Waits - On the Nickel

No comments: