Wednesday, January 28, 2009

LEFT SHOE, RIGHT FOOT, NEW SERIES


I'm going to officially declare this next phase of mixes a series... and dub them the SUFFERATION MIXES. Yep... basically, we're looking at the same selector status... but a different way of listening to the tracks I select.

My trick bag will be one from that rises, like a murky phoenix, from the ashes of Black Ark studio. Dark and heavy dub... overbearing bass.... mud and cosmic funk. I love it... I love the beginning of MAGGOT BRAIN... those little droplets of multitap before George tastes the maggots in the mind of the universe.

Sure I'm using filters... but there's also a lot of manual dubbing here. Most of these tracks have been hand manipulated... not that it matters. It's what your ears hear, right?


I like these past two mixes... and I want more.








Nuff Pressure Pass (Sufferation 2)



http://www.divshare.com/download/6415931-c0c



Shock G - Baby, You OK? (Slowed)
Herman Dune - I Do the Crabwalk
In Flagranti - Reputation or Notoriety
Mon-o-Phone - Drive
Sonny Rollins - Shout It Out
Beachwood Sparks - Butterflys (Singing and Sleeping)
Pino D'Angio - Ma Quale Idea
Dillenger - Mickey Mouse Crab Louse
Grand Duchy - Break the Angels
Lightnin Rod - Sport (Slowed)
4 St. Orchestra - Scientific (Hurting Dubb)
Cotton Jones - Some Strange Rain

No comments: