Sunday, January 11, 2009

CREATING ORDER OUT OF CHAOS


Something's been going on lately. It seems like my mixes are all out of order. When I review them, I wind up moving large chunks of tracks around until I'm satisfied. I don't know if this means I'm all out of whack, or whether I've just developed a more critical ear.

I'm pretty happy with this mix. I don't like the fact that that excellent John Maus song just cuts off all weird at the end. Really... I know it's all cool to claim "lo-fi," but why ruin your tracks with poor production??? If the kids making music in their bedrooms in the 60's and 70's had access to our technology... they wouldn't have released shitty demo quality tracks on cassette. It's cool to respect and emulate them... but use today's available technology.

I love your music Mr. Maus... but it isn't a badge of eccentricity to piss away quality material like that.






...from the bottom of my black little emo heart...



http://www.divshare.com/download/6298615-446



Prissa - Se Que Acabaremos
Dan Lacksman Association - Lonely Days
Alan Scheurman - Marco Polo
Army Navy - Jumping Someone Else's Train
Fantastic Magic - Jam and Yima
John Maus - The Peace That Earth Cannot Give
Lucky Dragons - Ton (Javelinas) Plays Compliment
Icey Hott - Money, Money (Slowed)
Lineland - Emerald Board
Rigil - Free to Roam
That Ghost - Top Shelf
The Starlets - Like Novacaine
Prissa - Se Que Acabaremos
Dan Lacksman Association - Lonely Days
Alan Scheurman - Marco Polo
Army Navy - Jumping Someone Else's Train
Fantastic Magic - Jam and Yima
John Maus - The Peace That Earth Cannot Give

No comments: