Monday, November 10, 2008

93 MILLION MILES ABOVE THESE DEVILS


Punk rock changed my life, but hip hop restructured my existence. Completely invaded my DNA and replicated into funky beat crazy chromosomes. I think, like many people obsessed with the artform, that what hip hop has always offered is options. It's a music form made out of mixing... borrowing elements from any and every source. Over a simple beat, your mom's records can be mixed with pop culture. Become infectious disease.


Almost all music has been touched by hip hop (and it's older brother, jah eternal DUB.) This mix is almost mystic... a lot of slow, heavy grooving. And shit hot damn... that Golden Bug is nutso! Can Gomma put out bad records?!?!?!?!?


No dark ranting today. I'm kinda bright. Almost happy even. Don't know if I like it... I feel like I'm going to get hit by a bus.





Exile on Beat Street

http://www.divshare.com/download/5782913-182

Exile on Beat Street
Pit Er Pat - Anno IV xx
B.D.P. - 9mm Goes Bang (slowed)
Seefeel - Plainsong
FSOL - Papua New Guinea (slowed)
Pharcyde - Passing Me By (slowed)
Bjork - One Day Springs Eternal (Sabres of Paradise Mix)
Ghengis Tron - Rock Candy
Digable Planets - 9th Wonder (slowed)
Golden Bug - I Can't Stop
Median - Collage (slowed)

No comments: