Monday, September 22, 2008

WHAT'S IN THE BASKET?




This mix is similar to "Runner," both musically and stylistically. This time, I used Goblin's brilliant soundtrack to "Profundo Rosso" as my template. I've listened to this a few times and I really like it. Dark, aggro and a bit creepy. Many of the songs used here were found on this Blog:

http://bluetvset.blogspot.com/

Again, thanks!

A few notes, as I am rushed this morning and have to work 12 to 14 hours today.

-That Units track is currently my favorite track of all time. It's been draining batteries since I found it... this is the 7" version, which is far superior to the overproduced album cut.

-That "Future Fun" track borders on power pop, but has that wicked drumline and almost sounds like proto-Pixies at times. It seemed out of place at first listen, but it's grown on me. That's what I mean about the divination of mixology.

-The Pas de Deux track skips. I'm playing the DJ Screw/DJ Harvey card here. I like the mix... it's flawed... so what... get used to it... I did!

-"Moogie Bloogies" is so wickedly decadent that I almost crap my pants every time I hear it. That's British stage star Anthony Newly with Delia Derbyshire (who wrote the "Dr. Who" theme.) They obviously had some help from Dr. Hoffman on this one!!!

-And "No Tears?" Nuff fucking said - so brilliant they should just rename the entire Bay Area Tuxedomoon.

Today it's all about the music... all I know is I'm pretty hooked on this little mixie.

LULLABIES AT NIGHT
http://www.zshare.net/audio/19209472c7b0da08/

Tracklisting:

School at Night - Goblin
Lobotomy - Neon
High Pressure Days - Units
Night Running - B Film
Future Fun - 3 Minutes
Kung Fu Killer - 6 Minute War
Zurist Ich - Silvia
Cinzano Wet Dreams - Soft Drinks
Child at Night - Goblin
Toys - Ma Cole
Lits Jemeuax-Pas De Deux
Trouble at the Cup - Black Randy and the Metrosquad
Anthony Newley - Moogie Bloogies
No Tears - Tuxedomoon
Echo at Night/Death Dies - Goblin

No comments: